This page uses affiliate links. When you click an affiliate link then as an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Kartik month is a very special month. Any spiritual activity performed in this month gives tremendous benefit. Below is the list of important festivals celebrated during the auspicious month of Kartik .
- Sharad Purnima – Lord Krishna expanded Himself 1000s of time and performed Raas Lila.
- Bahulashtami – Appearance of Radha Kunda and Syama Kund
- Rama Ekadashi
- Naraka Chaturdashi – Krishna kills Narkasura and frees 16000 queens who had been held captive by Narkasura. Queens wants to take shelter of Krishna, they want to marry him because no one will now marry them. Krishna was their saviour and they all wanted to marry Krishna. Krishna expands himself 16000 times, marries the queen and lives with each one of them individually in Dwarka.
- Diwali – Lord Rama returns to Ayodhya
- Damodar Lila – When mother Yashoda binds Krishna
- Govardhan puja – Worship of cows and Govardhan hill
- Bhaiya dooj – When Yamuna met her brother Yamaraj
- Disappearance Day of Srila Prabhupada
- Gopashtami – Krishna becomes a cowherd boy
- Kamsa Vadha Lila – Killing of demon Kamsa and freeing Devaki and Vasudev
- Utthan Ekadashi
- Disappearance Day of Srila Gaur Kishor Das Babaji
- Bhishma Panchak – In the last 5 days of Kartik, Bhismadev prayed to the Supreme Lord while preparing to leave his body
- Tulsi Vivah – Marriage ceremony of Tulasi Maharani & Lord Visnu